(as of Feb 23,2024 01:07:06 UTC – Details)
Carla Bailo, CEO of the Center for Automotive Research, and Terry Barclay, CEO of Inforum, bring together over 30 of the most influential women in the automotive industry to share their insight and advice. From suppliers to OEMs, they hail from every corner of the industry.
Readers will learn how to take charge of their own careers by understanding the experiences these professionals. Topics include:
- Work-Life Integration – How can you be whole at home, at work, and in the community?
- Education and Lifelong Learning – Do you really need a graduate degree?
- Mentor and Sponsor Relationships – How do you find mentors and sponsors and form productive relationships with them?
- Career Challenges – How do you evaluate when to take career risks? How do you say yes when all the boxes aren’t checked?
- Resilience – Where do you find the internal fortitude to keep going?
- Personal Satisfaction – What do these leaders find most joyful about their careers?
The Road to the Top is Not on the Map features female leaders who candidly share the habits, motivations, triumphs, defeats, and lessons learned that helped them achieve top jobs in the industry. Their insights have relevance for women at all stages in their careers, whether its young women interested in pursuing a career in the auto industry, those looking for their next strategic move, or those seeking insight and inspiration.
“The women in this book share a passion for their careers and a passion for the industry. They have encountered obstacles and the occasional failure, as well as successes, but they have embraced all their earned wisdom and generously agreed to share it.”
Creating a book club during office hours is a great way for team members to draw upon the experiences of thought leaders. The Road to the Top is Not on the Map is the perfect book to start with as the leaders profiled share their experiences and challenge readers to evaluate their own choices. Book Club Kits are available for companies wishing to start an employee Book Club.